Monday, March 23, 2009

a million things at once


As spring moves in the fashion shows and spring shoots are in full force. I have been in a whirlwind of tasks, projects, and planning. As a young designer I want to take advantage of every opportunity that comes my way because you really never know where your ideal audience will be or what connections you might make. So, even though it seems a little impossible to prepare for 2 shows and a fitting for a 3rd in only 2 weeks, I just decided to go for it. All the while transitioning into spring at the shop and doing renovations. My head is SPINNING. I started sketching and fabric shopping last week and batting ideas around with my friend and fellow designer Amanda Valentine with whom I will be preparing a collection for Vanderbilt's Fashion for a Cause on March 31st. Of course, having so much to do and not enough time in the day, this would be the BEST time to be approached by a photographer to do a last minute editorial shoot, right? So, because I've lost my mind, I agreed to do it and stayed up all night saturday night sewing new dresses and eating Starburst. (no, no, no) I think I dreamt the whole thing.
Now, the new week has begun and I am starting my work for Fusion 09 and the Vanderbilt show. It will be a long busy week with a very rewarding weekend. I'll post info for the shows soon!