Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Icon










I have consistently accumulated numerous fashion mags per month since the ripe old age of 12. When Kate Moss had pencil thin eyebrows, brown lipstick was cool, and Christi Turlington and Shalom Harlow were still prominent names in the modeling industry. My love for this printed art led to collaging my bedroom, an obsession with fashion photography, and eventually to my pursuit of a photography degree. Though there have been several favorites over the years, including W, Harper's BAZAAR, and Nylon, Vogue has always held its own as the pinnacle of luxury and high style. I don't think anyone would disagree that it is down right THRILLING when those months roll around when the issue is more like a phonebook. Fat, glossy, and packed to the gills with beautiful things we can't afford. But, the joy of merely gazing upon these fine acquisitions is satisfying in itself. Here are some of my favorite Vogue covers from the archives.