Thursday, January 28, 2010

board of direction...


It's time for a new inspiration board. I began to fill this one the day I opened the shop... slowly accumulating mementos and inspirational gems that reflect my design aesthetic and the Local Honey style. There are so many great things on it... everything from polaroids snapped in the 8th Ave location and postcards from bands who've visited over the years to business cards from my favorite shops in other cities. These days, with style blogs and online look books popping up at a dizzying pace, it's much easier to bookmark and archive images on the computer than to tear and tack them to a board. But for someone like myself, who, since my teens, has always had an idea book on hand that's chocked full of torn up magazine pictures and sketches... I really prefer to put together a tangible collection of images that I can see and consider on a daily basis. So, I'm moving the board to my house! It will take residence in my new sewing room just in time for me to start filling it with a fresh batch of fashion tidbits and brainstorming for my spring collection...