Sunday, February 28, 2010

IADT


This weekend I had the honor of being a judge for the 2010 IADT Student Fashion Show. I went out for a preview thursday afternoon and I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of some of the work! A few pieces really stood head and shoulders above the rest... but, I knew seeing them on the models and walking the runway would be a whole different story. The number of garments was overwhelming. Over 200. It was innntense. Not to mention I had the pleasure of sitting directly in front of a woman who'd clearly had too much to drink and insisted on yelling "WORK IT" to every model as they walked by. Trying to take it all in, give fair credit, and be open minded was WAY harder to juggle with one ear ringing. I could barely concentrate. Major whirlwind. In the end, even though I'd really been looking forward to it, I didn't get the opportunity to talk to any of the students. Boooo. Mainly because my mind had been completely shredded and I left immediately after the show in order to preserve my sanity. But I'm really happy with the choices we made and overall it was a cool experience. I'm planning to contact the coordinator this week and get some info on a couple of the designers!